The Royal Navy and Royal Marines Charity has partnered up with Forces Law in 2018 to offer a free Will writing service. During this time, solicitors have agreed to waive their fees for writing basic Wills in return for a donation to the charity.
Why make a Will?
Having an up to date Will is very important and is the only way you can be sure your money and possessions go to those you care about. A Will helps to ensure that your assets are divided among the family, friends and charities of your choice, and can help you manage the amount of inheritance tax you pay.
Thousands of people pass away every year without making a Will or without one that has been properly drafted. If you pass away without a Will your final wishes may well go unheeded, and your loved ones may have to cope with additional financial stress at a time of bereavement.
Life changes such as getting married, moving house, having a family or retirement are all times when it is important to make a Will or update your existing one. A carefully planned Will can also help you reduce the amount of inheritance tax you pay.
If you would like to take part in the RNRMC and Forces Law Make a Will, simply follow these steps:
- Contact Forces Law on 0845 6011260 or via email email@example.com to make an appointment stating 'RNRMC Make a Will’ when you call.
- Attend your appointment and make your Will. Your solicitor will provide you with an envelope to put your donation in at the appointment. Please make cheques payable to The Royal Navy and Royal Marines Charity. The suggested minimum donation is £100 for a single Will and £150 for a pair of mirror Wills.
Please note that more detailed Wills (over or above a single or mirror Will) may incur an additional charge and should be discussed with your solicitor before your Will is completed.
- Complete your contact details on the envelope and remember to sign and date the Gift Aid declaration if you are a UK taxpayer, which will allow us to claim an additional 25p on every £1 donated, at no extra cost to you. Hand the envelope back to your solicitor who will pass it to the Royal Navy and Royal Marines Charity.
- Don’t forget to return to your solicitor and sign your newly drafted Will – it is not binding until this is done.
- That’s all there is to it - rest easy knowing your affairs are in order and that you’ve given the Royal Navy and Royal Marines Charity a tremendous gesture of support at the same time.
If you require any additional information about our RNRMC Make a Will, or are a solicitor wishing to get involved, please contact Dawn Ingram: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your support!