ROYAL NAVY PHOTOGRAPHIC COMPETITION 2021 – CONDITIONS OF ENTRY FOR THE PUBLIC ROYAL NAVY ROYAL MARINES CHARITY FAMILY AND FRIENDS PRIZE CATEGORY
- This category is broken down into four subcategories with each subcategory receiving a prize.
2. Each photographer may enter a maximum of three images.
3. All photographs must have been taken between 1 May 2020 – 15 Sep 2021 and not entered in the RN Photographic Competition 2020.
4. If leaving the Royal Navy or the Royal Marines only one entry must be submitted. You can not enter twice as serving and then as a member of the public. The date of the later second photograph will dictate if entry should be as serving or as a public.
5. Photographs that are personal copyright are only accepted for entry on the understanding that they may be reproduced free of charge. Photographs submitted to the competition will not be returned and may be used in public relations, marketing literature, official publications and online.
6. Consent should be gained by the photographer of any image depicting members of the public where possible.
7. Stills images must be submitted in the electronic format JPEG at the highest quality.
8. Digital enhancement of images is only allowed in order to clean and balance to a correct reproduction of the original conditions. Tools that are considered acceptable:
a. Brightness control.
b. Burning and dodging.
c. Contrast control.
d. Colour balance.
e. Levels or Curves.
g. Unsharp mask
9. Manipulation of the composite elements of images and HDR are not permitted.
10. Where necessary, tools may also be used to remove sensor artefacts from the image.
11. Public entries ideally should be submitted via the RNRMC Website https://www.rnrmc.org.uk/royal-navy-photographic-competition-entry or sent by post on a CD/DVD to:
Peregrine Trophy Photographic Competition
12. Judging will take place on the 15 Oct 2021.
13. The winners of the RNRMC categories will be announced on the RNRMC Website.
14. Ideally, entries should use the website and complete the entry form below.