At The Royal Navy and Royal Marines Charity, we're committed to protecting your privacy. Sometimes we need information to provide services that you request, and this statement of privacy explains data collection and use in those situations. Please read this complete privacy statement.
Accessing the site
Intellectual property rights
Reliance on information posted
Commentary and other materials posted on the Site are not intended to amount to advice on which reliance should be placed. We therefore disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by any visitor to the Site, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents. We aim to update the Site regularly, and may change the content at any time. If the need arises, we may suspend access to the Site, or close it indefinitely. Any of the material on the Site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
The material displayed on the Site is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. To the extent permitted by law, we hereby expressly exclude:
- all conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity; and
- any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with the Site or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of the Site, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it. This does not affect our liability for any liability, which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
Information about you and your visits to the site
Viruses, hacking and other offences
You must not misuse the Site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material, which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to the Site, the server on which the Site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to the Site. You must not attack the Site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use the Site will cease immediately. We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of the Site or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
Linking to our site
You may link to the pages of the Site, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists. Our site must not be framed on any other site. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice. If you wish to make any use of material on the Site other than that set out above, please address your request to:firstname.lastname@example.org
Links from our site
Where the Site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
Jurisdiction and applicable law
The Royal Navy and Royal Marines has a registered trademark in the UK.
Collecting your personal information
We will ask you when we need information that personally identifies you (personal information) or allows us to contact you. Generally, this information is requested when you are asked to register before signing up for an event, subscribing to e-mail newsletters, completing an online survey, joining a limited-access premium site, viewing premium-level resource information, or when requesting information about The Royal Navy and Royal Marines Charity’s services. When you provide your personal information, a profile is created. If you ever want to review or update your profile, simply visit www.rnrmc.org.ukand edit your personal information. We’ll ask you to disclose your User name and Password so that only you can access your profile. The Royal Navy and Royal Marines Charity’s Web site assigns a personal identification number and sends it to your computer in the form of a small text file, called a "cookie." The use of this cookie allows you to visit other password-restricted portions of The Royal Navy and Royal Marines Charity’s Web site — for which you have security access — without having to sign in again.
Use of your personal information
We use your personal information for four primary purposes: to make the site easier for you to use by not making you enter your personal information more than once, to help you quickly find information on The Royal Navy and Royal Marines Charity services and customer support, to help us create and deliver content most relevant to you, to alert you updated information from The Royal Navy and Royal Marines Charity.
The Royal Navy and Royal Marines Charity will disclose your personal information, without notice, only if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on The Royal Navy and Royal Marines Charity; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of The Royal Navy and Royal Marines Charity, and, (c) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of The Royal Navy and Royal Marines Charity’s customers, visitors to The Royal Navy and Royal Marines Charity’s Web site, or the public.
Control of your personal information
When you register, or otherwise give us personal information, The Royal Navy and Royal Marines Charity will not share that information with third parties without your permission, other than for the limited exceptions already listed. It will only be used for the purposes stated above.
Access to your personal information
We will provide you with the means to ensure that your personal information is correct and current. You may review and update this information at any time on www.rnrmc.org.uk. You can view and edit personal information you have already given us or subscribe or unsubscribe to The Royal Navy and Royal Marines Charity email newsletters.
Security of your personal information
The Royal Navy and Royal Marines Charity strictly protects the security of your personal information and honours your choices for its intended use. We carefully protect your data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access or disclosure, alteration, or destruction. Your personal information is never shared outside the company without your permission, except under conditions explained above. Inside the company, data is stored in password-controlled servers with limited access. You also have a significant role in protecting your information. No one can see or edit your personal information without knowing your Username and Password, so do not share these with others.
To ensure we are publishing content customers need and want, The Royal Navy and Royal Marines Charity collects aggregated site-visitation statistics using cookies. When someone visits the site, a cookie is placed on the customer’s machine (if the customer accepts cookies) or is read if the customer has visited the site previously. If you choose to not have your browser accept cookies from The Royal Navy and Royal Marines Charity’s Web site, you will need to re-enter your personal information each time that you attempt to access premium information.
Acceptable use policy for blogs and comments
Please remember that the open and real-time nature of these Comments makes it is impossible for us to vouch for the validity of any content posted. As such, we are not responsible for any messages posted or the consequences of following any advice offered within Blog posts. The views expressed in the posts you will find in these blogs belong solely to their respective authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of The Royal Navy and Royal Marines Charity. If you find any posts in these Blogs to be offensive or objectionable, please contact us via email to the address offered as a contact for the Blog in question. If we determine that removal of a post or posts is necessary, we will make reasonable efforts to do so in a timely manner.
By using these Blogs, you agree to the following:
- By posting messages, uploading files, inputting data, or engaging in any other form of communication through this service (collectively "the content"), you are granting Raising IT Limited, its successors and assignees, a royalty-free, perpetual, non-exclusive, unrestricted, worldwide license to use, adapt, transmit, publicly perform or display any such content on the site to which it was contributed (or successor site). In plain English, you allow us to continue to display your contributions to the site. We won't do anything else with them, however.
- If you contribute any graphic images or photographs, you accept all liability for any model or property release issues that may arise from an individual or trademarked property in the content. Please do not submit any images or photographs for which you do not have a current model or property release.
You will not post any material that is knowingly false, misleading, or inaccurate.
You will not behave in an abusive and/or hateful manner, and will not harass, threaten, nor attack anyone.
- You will not use profanity in our blogs, and will neither post with language or content that is obscene, sexually oriented, or sexually suggestive nor link to sites that contain such content.
You will respect other people's right to personal privacy and will not post any other person's identifying information (including their names, contact information, and any other relevant information) within the blog but your own.
- You will not use these forums to violate any laws nor to discuss illegal activities.
You will not to impersonate any person or entity, forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any posting, nor collect or store personal data about other users.
You will not post any copyrighted material, nor link to any copyrighted material (with the exception of publicly available sites and pages that the legal owners of the copyrights have created to make that material freely available to the general public), unless that copyright is owned by you or by these Blogs.
- You will not use these Forums for the purposes of sharing or distributing viruses, licenses, registration information, software keys, "cracks," or other information designed to do harm to or allow unlawful access to any computer hardware, software, networks, or any other systems.
- You will not post advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or solicitations, all of which are inappropriate and prohibited in the Forums. You will not, furthermore, collect personal information about forum members for the purpose of sending them any such advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or solicitations through other means (email, messaging programs, etc.).
- You will not post messages that are clearly outside of the stated topic of any Blogs nor disrupt a forum by deliberately posting repeated irrelevant messages or copies of identical messages (also known as "flooding").
- You will not attempt to access any protected sections of the sites or Blogs, nor make use of any hacks, cracks, bug exploits, etc. to bypass or modify the features of the blog software at any Raising IT site.
- You will, if asked by a representative of the Blogs, cease posting any content, and/or links to content, deemed offensive, objectionable, or in poor taste by the staff of the Forums.
We at these Blogs also reserve the right to disclose personal information when required by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to conform to the edicts of the law or comply with a legal process served on The Royal Navy and Royal Marines Charity, protect and defend the rights or property of The Royal Navy and Royal Marines Charity’s network of sites, or visitors to The Royal Navy and Royal Marines Charity, identify persons who may be violating the law, the legal notice, or the rights of third parties, and cooperate with the investigations of purported unlawful activities.
Conditions of use
Changes to this statement
The Royal Navy and Royal Marines Charity will occasionally update this privacy statement. When we do, we will also revise the "last updated" date at the bottom of the privacy statement.