LEAVE A GIFT IN YOUR WILL
An important source of charitable income derives from legacies (money or assets left in your Will). All gifts, whether large or small, are valuable to the Charity and can have a lasting impact on the lives of our beneficiaries.
By leaving a gift in your Will, you can help ensure vital support for serving Royal Navy and Royal Marines personnel, veterans and their families, is here for years to come.
How you can help
If you wish to include The Royal Navy and Royal Marines Charity in your Will, there are three forms your gift can take:
- A residuary gift – the remainder or a proportion of your estate after all other debts and expenses have been settled. The benefit of a residuary gift is that it should retain its value over time.
- A pecuniary gift – a fixed sum of money. It is worth noting that whilst any gift, large or small is valuable to the Charity, pecuniary gifts will lose value over time due to inflation.
- A specific gift – a particular gift or personal item such as a piece of land, property or jewellery. The Charity can make use of specific gifts by selling them to raise funds to support our sailors, marines and their families.
- To remember The Royal Navy and Royal Marines Charity in your Will you will need our name, address and registered charity number.
- The Royal Navy and Royal Marines Charity has partnered up with Forces Law in 2018 to offer a free Will writing service. Click here to find out more.
- To discuss your wishes in confidence please contact Alasdair Akass on 02393 871538.
Donate in memory of a loved one
In addition to gifts in Wills, the Charity can also benefit from donations in lieu of flowers and in memoriam gifts that celebrate the life of a loved one. If you would like to raise funds for the RNRMC in this way, please contact us at email@example.com.